At 2017 AMP is a trend about website and information display on mobile. What is AMP? — AMP (The Accelerated Mobile Pages) is opensource by google’s Amp project (see more: ampproject.org) new way for build fast render static webpage on a new structure.
Supported Browsers at this time AMP support browsers Google Chrome , Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Opera. AMP supports desktop, phone, tablet and the web view version of these respective browsers.
AMP project.org say
Beyond that, the core AMP library and built-in elements should aim for very wide browser support and we accept fixes for all browsers with market share greater than 1 percent.
What good things about AMP?
- Allow only asynchronous scripts
- Size all resources statically
- Don’t let extension mechanisms block rendering
- All CSS must be inline and size-bound
- Font triggering must be efficient
- Minimize style recalculations
- Only run GPU-accelerated animations
- Prioritize resource loading
- Load pages in an instant
- Help make AMP faster
Also, AMP has more feature for support new edge website and learn more about AMP at: https://www.ampproject.org/learn